Feb. 1, 2013
UCF Athletics Social Media Directory
By Mike Garabedian
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (UCFAthletics.com) - Following a long-fought battle against one of the top-ranked schools in the nation, the UCF men's tennis team endured a 6-1 loss against No. 60 Miami Friday at the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.
The Hurricanes began the day by claiming the doubles point after the duo of Matthew Gladstone and Jorge Blasco fell to Diego Soto and Henrique Tsukamo, 8-4 at the No. 3 spot.
Francesc Aulina captured the only victory for the Knights (1-3) as he dominated William Albanese 6-2, 6-2 at the No. 5 position.
At the No. 2 spot, Amar Hromic lost a tie-breaking 7-6, 4-6, 8-10 heart breaker to Wilfredo Gonzalez.
Miami secured the victory after Diego Soto defeated Jorge Blasco 6-3, 6-3 at the No. 1 position.
The Knights will return to Orlando when it hosts Rollins College Sunday at 10 a.m. The match will take place at the UCF Tennis Complex and admission is free to the public.
Follow the team socially on twitter @UCFM_Tennis and like the UCF men's tennis Facebook page.
Miami 6, UCF 1
1. Diego Soto (UM) def. Jorge Blasco (UCF) 6-3, 6-3
2. Wilfredo Gonzalez (UM) vs. def. Amar Hromic (UCF) 7-6, 4-6, 8-10
3. Gabriel Flores (UM) def. Jose Sangroniz (UCF) 6-3, 6-1
4. Victor Mauz (UM) def. Matthew Gladstone (UCF) 7-5, 7-5
5. Francesc Aulina (UCF) def. William Albanese (UM) 6-2, 6-2
6. Henrique Tsukamoto (UM) def. Juan Bolona (UCF) 6-1, 6-2
1. Wilfredo Gonzalez/Marco Stancati (UM) vs. Juan Bolona/Amar Hromic (UCF) DNF
2. Omar Aly/Gabriel Flores (UM) def. Mario Samson/Francesc Aulina (UCF) 8-4
3. Diego Soto/Henrique Tsukamoto (UM) def. Matthew Gladstone/Jorge Blasco (UCF) 8-4