Outreach Photo Gallery
The UCF community outreach program is called Knights TOUCH; Knights building Trust through Outreach and Unity serving the Community with Honor.
UCF Athletics Association is committed to giving back to the UCF campus and surrounding community. Through our Knights TOUCH program, student-athletes will be provided opportunities to make meaningful contributions to society. Teams are required to complete at least one community outreach event per semester. Individuals are also encouraged to volunteer their time to service organizations in the Central Florida community.
Outreach Request Forms
UCF student-athletes have demonstrated a true concern in the well-being of the UCF Campus and surrounding community by participating in numerous service projects over the years, including:
- Autism Speaks
- Alzheimer's Walk
- Blanchard Park YMCA
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Florida
- Boys Town of Central Florida
- Central Florida Children's Home
- Central Florida Miracle League
- Central Florida Youth Football
- College Park Little League
- Community Food Outreach Center
- Destination College
- Dragon Boat Festival
- East Lake Elementary School YMCA
- Florida Citrus Sports Camp
- Florida Hospital for Children
- Friends of Jaclyn
- Jackson Heights Middle School
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Knights Give Back
- Maitland Middle School
- McCoy Elementary School
- Orange County Libraries
- Orange County Public Schools
- Orlando Day Nursery
- Oviedo Babe Ruth Little League Clinics
- Pen Pal Program
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Seminole County Women and Children's Shelter
- Seminole County Youth Program
- UCF Alumni Association
- UCF College of Education
- UCF Multicultural Academic and Support Services
Student-Athlete Time Constraints
Many of our student-athletes begin their day early with morning conditioning, followed by class, practice, dinner and study hall hours. As a result, it is sometimes difficult for student-athletes to accommodate outreach requests; however we will do our best to serve the Central Florida community as opportunities arise.
Outreach Requests from Charitable, Educational or Non-Profit Agencies
Request for UCF student-athletes can be done by completing the Outreach Information sheet and Promotional form. Your request should be submitted a minimum of three weeks prior to the requested event. Please include the following on both forms:
- Nature of the request and the desired role of the student-athlete(s)
- Name of charitable, educational or non-profit agency
- Complete contact information including name, address, phone number, fax, and email
- Message, theme or focus of the requested event
- Date, time and location of the requested event
- Time commitment
- Number of guests attending the event
- Directions to and from the event from the UCF campus
In addition to your email, please complete the Outreach Request Forms and either email it to Cori Pinkett or fax it to 407-823-4235 ATTN: Cori Pinkett.
Upon Receiving Your Request
- UCF Compliance staff will review your request to determine if the involvement of student-athletes is permissible under NCAA guidelines.
- If the request is deemed permissible by the compliance office, student-athletes will then be recruited to volunteer for the requested event. In some instances, time constraints prohibit student-athlete participation. In such instances, it may not be possible to secure volunteers.
- You will be notified within one week of the requested event if student-athletes have committed to volunteer, or if student-athletes are unable to attend.
- Student-athletes are not allowed to miss class for an outreach event
- Due to the heavy demands on student-athletes, request will not be accommodated during the first or last two weeks of any semester.
- Student-athlete participation is based on availability; there can be no guarantee of any specific Student-Athlete, coach or team.
- All outreach requests must be received a minimum of three-weeks prior to requested event.
- Outreach involving students typically must be targeted to groups eighth grade and/or below due to NCAA Guidelines.
- Outreach locations must be within a 20 mile radius of UCF.
- No additional gifts or benefits can be provided to student-athlete volunteers, unless previously approved.
- Student-athletes' name or picture cannot be used for promotional ventures of any non-profit agency.
- UCF media staff may attend outreach events to shoot video or still photos of student-athlete involvement depending on availability.
Thank you for understanding the policies, procedures, and guidelines related to outreach request for UCF Student-Athletes.
Send Requests to:
University of Central Florida
4000 Central Florida Blvd.
P.O. Box 163555
Orlando, FL 32816-3555
Outreach Request Forms