Knights Challenge Scoring Form
The Knights challenge is a competitive challenge among the student-athletes intended to generate more participation in PRIDE events, promote student-athlete involvement in department and campus-wide programming, community service and leadership opportunities, as well as help them prepare for life after collegiate sports.
Each team has the opportunity to earn points by participating in the following categories:
- Team Enhancement
- Athletes for Athletes
- Personal Enhancement
- Scholarly Success
- Athletic Excellence
- Above and Beyond
After completing an event or goal in any of the categories listed above the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) representative will complete the scoring form and submit it to Marcus Sedberry, Director of Student Services, within two weeks of the event.
- Team Enhancement - PRIDE team workshops facilitated by an outside speaker or mandated athletic department PRIDE event. No coaching staff administered presentations will be awarded PRIDE points.
- Outreach - Service provided through a team effort, or by individuals to their campus and surrounding communities.
- Athletes for Athletes - Teams receive points based on their attendance at Knights athletic events.
- Personal Enhancement - Non-required career events, and other campus activities/presentations.
- Leadership - Arranging for student-athletes to be present at the SAAC meetings, assuming an unofficial role on the executive board, and/or chairing a SAAC committee.
- Scholarly Success - Top four fall semester team GPA for both men and women (combine previous spring and current school year fall semester).
- Athletic Excellence - Teams will receive points based on their athletic performance on Conference and National levels.
- Above and Beyond - Consistent service, going the extra mile, more than one time event including but not limited to tutoring, mentoring, Big Brothers/ Big Sisters, Dance Marathon, etc.
· Individual Efforts (per event/all categories) = 5 points
o Will be added when maximum Team Efforts has been reached.
· Team Efforts- 15 people or 40 percent (%) of team-limit two groups from one team per night = 100 points.
§ 10 team efforts (1,000 points) per team for Team Enhancement and Outreach
§ 15 team efforts (1,500 points) per team for Athletes for Athletes
· Team Enhancement = 100 points
· Mandated PRIDE Event/Requirement (i.e.: Career Fair, Networking Night etc.) = 100 points
· Above and Beyond = 50 points per Effort (more than a one-time commitment-Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boys and Girls Club, Children's Home, etc.)
o Teams who adopt a school and have team members participate weekly will receive a total of 300 points both in the fall and spring terms for Outreach.
· Resume Development (create/review resume with PRIDE staff) = 10 points per individual
· Team GPA (fall semester/men and women) points given based on GPA range.
· Highest Overall Team GPA- (team with the highest GPA of men and women) = 100 points
· Leadership (participation in SAAC meetings, executive board and special event committees) = SAAC mtg.- 5 points; SAAC Exec- 25 points